[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

Emily Crandall Fleischman emilycf at mit.edu
Mon Sep 20 15:06:14 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Might I point out that there is another option available — section 4
of RFC 6557 (Procedures for Maintaining the Time Zone Database) [1]
provides a mechanism for replacing the TZ coordinator in the case that
"The TZ Coordinator is not performing the function in accordance with
community wishes."

I personally am ambivalent about the changes in question, and overall
have very little stake in this, but I would hate to see such drastic
action as a fork taken before all other avenues have been exhausted.

Best,
Emily Crandall Fleischman

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6557.html#section-4