[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Tue Sep 21 20:07:13 UTC 2021

Watson Ladd via tz said:
> If what we want is one time zone per country, let's have that
> conversation instead of having it happen by accident as a side effect
> of rules that don't mention countries.

I agree.

But, if we want to talk about countries, what would surely be more useful
is a list, for each country, of all the time zones that are at least
partially in that country.

Oh, please define "country". Is England a country? Wales? The Netherlands
(as opposed to the Kingdom of the Netherlands)? Sealand? Taiwan? Macau?
Bir Tawil? Liberland?

Do you really want to open this can of worms?

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.