[tz] proposal for new tzdb versions

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Wed Sep 22 22:40:00 UTC 2021

I agree with pretty much everyone else rejecting this proposal - Tom
and Mark explained why very clearly.

This approach will really screw up downstream processes, with many
picking up 2021b without even realising or having a chance to change
it.

Please release 2021b as 2021a plus the minimum necessary changes. The
controversial data reorganisation simply does not need a release at
this point.

Stephen