[tz] 2021b v 2021a1

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Fri Sep 24 06:04:22 UTC 2021

On Fri, 24 Sept 2021 at 04:26, Michael Douglass via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:

> I suspect the requests to have 2021b be 2021a+Samoa are reasonable -
> whatever view one has of Paul's changes and reasons.

Agreed - and while there isn't consensus on the way forward, this one
narrow aspect does seem to have majority (though not unanimous) support.

If it would be helpful, I'd be willing (not exactly happy, but willing) to
take an hour and tally views expressed just on Paul's "2021a1 + 2021b"
proposal vs "just release 2021b as 2021a + Samoa". It's all getting rather
pressing, given that it's now only 32 hours until 2021a says Samoa will
change its clocks.

So, would such a tally actually be useful to anyone?

Jon