[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 24 07:43:26 UTC 2021

On 9/23/21 6:07 AM, Stephen Colebourne via tz wrote:
> the solution adopted (creating Links
> where previously there were Zones) has created a *different*  equity,
> diversity or inclusion issue.

That's not a new issue. We've dealt with it many times, by dealing with
questions like "How come there's no Asia/Beijing Zone?" When the issue
comes up we point to the guidelines, which are based on timekeeping
rather than traditional political issues.

Although we can't expect the guidelines to be familiar in advance to
everyone who asks such questions, explaining the guidelines hasn't been
much of a problem in practice.