[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Sep 24 14:53:27 UTC 2021

Kevin Kenny said:
>    On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:30 AM Clive D.W. Feather via tz
>    <[1]tz at iana.org> wrote:
>
>      Therefore any argument that they should be two or three zones
>      instead needs
>      to be based on some *other* objective requirement. Which, I suspect,
>      needs
>      to be *added* to the present policies rather than just handwaved.
>      Such
>      requirements could be:
>      * Never abolish a zone once it's got into the default setup.
>
>    I could live with this.
[...]

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing for or against any of the possible
requirements I listed. I was just making the point that they're *new*
requirements and need to have group consensus, or at least solid group
discussion, before being adopted.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.