[tz] Preparing to fork tzdb

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 24 20:28:15 UTC 2021

(I subscribe to digests - though as many of those have been sent recently, it doesn't feel like a digest 😁)

It's one thing to have a zone that has "always" behaved this way, and another to have folks feel like it was "taken away" from them.  The first may have begrudging acceptance, but the second is harder to come to terms with.

I confess the identifiers always bug me a bit when I don't actually live in the place being identified, but that's closest to my time zone.

-Shawn

Message: 2