[tz] 2021b v 2021a1

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Fri Sep 24 23:40:41 UTC 2021

On Fri, 24 Sept 2021 at 23:54, Paul Eggert via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:
> On 9/24/21 2:42 PM, Stephen Colebourne via tz wrote:
> > I think the interesting question at this point is whether you feel it
> > is so urgent that it has to be addressed*today*  as opposed to a few
> > weeks time.
>
> Yes, weeks will be too long for the relatively-small change embodied by
> <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2021-September/030743.html>. We
> should be out in front of this issue. Desperately trying to delay is not
> a winning strategy. Plus, being fair(er) is the right thing to do.

I'm encouraging you to delay because pretty much the entire list has
asked you to delay. You are quite literally saying to the entire list
"stuff you, I'm right".

I note that you have yet to engage with my sincerely held view that
merging zones in this way makes the database less fair. Your view of
fairness is not the only one.

Stephen