[tz] Replacing the TZ Coordinator

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Sep 26 15:56:44 UTC 2021

On 9/25/21 3:14 PM, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> I don't recall this "equity" issue being raised on the list until the
> current set of threads.

The wording was less direct (and without the "equity" buzzword) earlier
this year, when the request to add a Kosovo entry was made. It was that
request that inspired the cleanup proposal I made in May.

> You say it's been going on for several years

Although the equity issue has been present for years in tzdb, it wasn't
considered to be a significant problem until Kosovo came up. Regardless
of Kosovo, it's something I should have fixed long ago - as I wrote
earlier I am both busy and forgetful and simply dropped the ball on a
task that I had originally intended to finish way back when.