[tz] Replacing the TZ Coordinator

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Sep 26 17:12:53 UTC 2021

On 9/26/21 10:05 AM, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> However, that was an introduction to the main point of my email, which you
> haven't answered:
>
>>> You say here that it's "visible outside our little community" and you said
>>> in another email that you'd been receiving emails on the topic.
>>>
>>> Perhaps it would help if you could share with us some of these emails

Unfortunately I'd rather not do that with email that was intended to be
private. Some of the email was public and you can probably dig it up
from the tz archives.

>>> At present it's obvious that the meaning of "equity" isn't agreed by the
>>> whole list. You clearly have a meaning in your head

It's not just in my head; it's written down in the guidelines (see
theory.html).

As I wrote to Stephen a few minutes ago, I thought it was understood
that the guidelines are intended to be applied fairly. If I was wrong,
and some readers mistakenly think that it's OK to apply the guidelines
unfairly, then we should modify the guidelines to make this
understanding clearer.