[tz] [tz-announce] 2021b release of tz code and data available

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 29 16:39:56 UTC 2021

    Date:        Tue, 28 Sep 2021 13:01:42 -0400
    From:        Paul Ganssle via tz <tz at iana.org>

  | For those on the list who re-package this, what did / do you plan to
  | release? A version using `PACKRATDATA=backzone`, or no?
  |
  | Normally I cut releases immediately after the announcement for Python's
  | tzdata

I usually do NetBSD updates very soon after as well.   Not this time.

I'm still pondering what to do (including nothing; I don't know of many,
perhaps any, NetBSD users in Samoa or Jordan, and while that normally
would not be any kind of justification, here it lessens pressure to update).

I also haven't copied tzdata2021b to munnari.oz.au's directory which
provides a backup copy of the distributions, I'm not sure it is worth
archiving.

kre