[tz] make traditional_tarballs fails on macOS for 2022b

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Thu Aug 11 20:33:50 UTC 2022

macOS (and FreeBSD) use onetrueawk (https://github.com/onetrueawk/awk.git). I tried this with their latest commit, and the same failure occurs. So 2022b is incompatible with any platform that uses onetrueawk. This includes FreeBSD 13.1 and macOS (I don’t know what other platform-clients might be).

I filed this issue against onetrueawk, but there is no guarantee it will be fixed any time soon: https://github.com/onetrueawk/awk/issues/149

Meanwhile, there is no way to get rearguard_tarballs on those platforms.

Debbie