[tz] make traditional_tarballs fails on macOS for 2022b

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Fri Aug 12 17:55:15 UTC 2022

I am seeing unexpected binary differences in generated zoneinfo files that (in theory) should not differ from 2022a. Here are the binary differences minus what’s listed in NEWS:

	modified:   zoneinfo/Africa/Casablanca
	modified:   zoneinfo/Africa/El_Aaiun
	modified:   zoneinfo/America/New_York
	modified:   zoneinfo/Asia/Jakarta
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Gibraltar
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Guernsey
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Isle_of_Man
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Jersey
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/London
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Madrid
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Malta
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Rome
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/San_Marino
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Simferopol
	modified:   zoneinfo/Europe/Vatican
	modified:   zoneinfo/GB
	modified:   zoneinfo/Pacific/Easter
	modified:   zoneinfo/US/Eastern

I tried to be careful to remove synonyms of the zones listed as changed in NEWS, but as far as I can tell none of the above zones should have changed at all.

Is there a tool that can dump transitions in zoneinfo files that have *not* been installed in the standard platform location? zdump only works on zoneinfo files that have been installed.

Thanks,
Debbie