[tz] make traditional_tarballs fails on macOS for 2022b

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Fri Aug 12 18:56:06 UTC 2022

OK, I checked New York, London, Rome, Madrid, and Jakarta; there were no differences in the output from zdump. Also, I verified that the changes in America/Santiago were as expected. So I think there’s not a problem.

If you’re curious, I have an app that does binary diffs (Hex Fiend) and looking through New York, it looks like single byte values being changed by +1 or -1 here and there (which fits your point about numbering), plus two 6-byte deletions (or insertions, I can’t tell which is which since the files have the same name). The six byte sequences look like this:

B9B00004FFFF
B9B00008FFFF

Based on this testing, I think you can go ahead with 2022c; I can build real zoneinfo files and they appear to be correct.

Thanks,
Debbie