[tz] Moving more zones to 'backzone'

Peter Ilieve peter at aldie.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 09:54:28 UTC 2022

On 17 Aug 2022, at 22:22, Robert Elz via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:

>    Date:        Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:39:27 +0100
>    From:        "Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at davros.org>
>
>  | Wales has an Assembly which has less powers than Scotland.
>
> That's about what I thought.   I assume Cornwall has even less.
>
>  | Neither, I think, has time zones in its official remit.
>
> That surprises me a little about Scotland, but I'm in no position to know.

You are now. :-)

The powers of the Scottish Parliament are defined by the Scotland Act 1998.
The basic principle is that it can legislate for anything that isn't
a "reserved matter" (section 29). Schedule 5 of the Act sets out these
reserved matters. They include "Timescales, time zones and the subject-matter
of the Summer Time Act 1972."

See:
<https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/46/schedule/5#schedule-5-part-II-crossheading-head-l-miscellaneous_paragraph-wrapper66n1>

		Peter Ilieve