[tz] [PROPOSED 2/2] Simplify three Ukraine zones to one

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Aug 28 04:02:21 UTC 2022

On 8/27/22 20:03, Philip Paeps via tz wrote:

> Considering how unreliable a source Shanks & Pottenger is known to be,
> this change is probably correct.  However, it would be good to list at
> least one of the mentioned "contemporaneous government resolutions" in
> each of these comments.

Thanks, in the attached patch I added a pointer to the (somewhat long)
discussion, rather than try to repeat bits of it (which would be harder
to maintain).

> The " (most areas)" tag is obsolete after this change.

No, as Ukraine still has multiple lines in both zone.tab and
zone1970.tab after the change, and 'tzselect' etc. need something there.

I notice that I messed up NEWS as well. Further patch attached and
installed. It affects only commentary.