[tz] winter & Summer time in the State Of Palestine

heba.hamad@mtit.gov.ps heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps
Wed Aug 31 05:51:16 UTC 2022

  Dear Sir,
The rules that followed is: the Saturday before the last Sunday in March and October  at 2:00 AM ,for the years from 2023 to 2026.
You will also be provided with a link to the announcement when available.
We hope that the new tzdb release will be published as soon as possible so that the related companies can update their systems

With respects,

في الثلاثاء, أغسطس 30, 2022 09:02 EDT, Tim Parenti <tim at timtimeonline.com> كتب:
  On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 at 02:37, heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:We would like to inform you that winter time will begin in Palestine from Saturday 10-29, 02:00 AM by 60 minutes backwards
Also the state of Palestine adopted the summer and winter time for the years: 2023,2024,2025,2026 as following below: Thank you for this information.  In particular, the extended table of dates is incredibly helpful. Our codebase requires us to make reasonable predictions of date patterns into the indefinite future.  Since all of the dates provided here match a similar pattern to the one used from 2016 to 2018 — that is, the Saturday before the last Sunday in March and October (or "Sat>=24") — that seems like a reasonable prediction for now, except these new clock changes will be at 02:00 on those dates.  If the dates might leave this pattern at any point, again, please aim to provide as much notice as possible. While we write up this change… We do like to cite publicly-available sources for the data we distribute so that users can confirm the data for themselves.  I understand this was a recent decision, so it may not be posted to your ministry's website yet.  Could you kindly send along a public link to this decision or a similar announcement once it's posted? Thanks again. --
Tim Parenti