[tz] TZDB patches, UTF-8, and Microsoft Exchange

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 2 22:43:04 UTC 2022

On 12/2/22 14:21, Derick Rethans wrote:
>> By the way, I had a little trouble applying your Greenland patch, because it was encoded in ISO 8859-1...

> This problem would go away if you'd except change requests through GitHub's pull request feature.

Yes, but GitHub has its own problems. I'd rather stick with email, just
as many other projects use email for this sort of thing. Also, I've been
thinking of moving the development repository off GitHub for other
reasons, and I don't want to rely on GitHub-specific features.

Fewer and fewer programs default to ISO 8859 these days, so any advice
we'd add would be for a dwindling number of old-fashioned clients. We
shouldn't need to change the development process for them.