[tz] Error in America/Ojinaga

Nikos (Nikolaos) Papadakos, PhD n.papadakos at decisal.com
Fri Dec 9 14:44:24 UTC 2022

Hello,

We are suspecting that your timezone update tzdb 2022g is incorrectly
accounting for America/Ojinaga.

Our customer is a major airline in Mexico and they tell me the time
should America/Ojinaga should be the same as America/Denver.

They provide as evidence official announcements in Spanish language.
For example:

https://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5672650&fecha=29/11/2022#gsc.tab=0

which says:

"Artículo 5.
III.    Para el Estado de Baja California, así como para los municipios
de Janos, Ascensión, Juárez, Praxedis G. Guerrero y Guadalupe, del
Estado de Chihuahua, acorde a sus correlativos a su franja fronteriza,
se aplica el meridiano 105 grados al oeste de Greenwich."

I don't speak Spanish to be honest, my customer does. In the above the
phrase seems to be "Juárez [...] del Estado de Chihuahua" which isreferring specifically to Ciudad Juárez in the State of Chihuahua.

And then it says "el meridiano 105 grados al oeste de Greenwich" giving
the degrees from Greenwich.

They've given me some other references, but the above seems the most
official.
I would like to ask you to please double check which one is the
correct.

Best regards,

Nikos

P.S.: Please do not use my name or my company's name.