[tz] Windows build failures

Manuela Friedrich Manuela.Friedrich at actian.com
Tue Dec 20 09:42:17 UTC 2022

Hello Paul,

I did feel like there was something up with restrict causing these issues.

Adding
#define restrict /* empty */ in private.h helped build everything successfully.

So I wonder if you can decouple the new condition to set restrict to empty as it is causing the windows issues.

#if PORT_TO_C89 && __STDC_VERSION__ < 199901 && !defined restrict
# define restrict /* empty */
#endif

We are compiling with nmake from Visual Studio 2017.
_MSC_VER is 1912
__STDC_VERSION__ is not defined

Regards
Manuela Friedrich