[tz] tzdata comments link to an April Fools article

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 6 08:03:28 UTC 2022

    Date:        Tue, 5 Jul 2022 10:08:39 -0700
    From:        D Nathan Cookson via tz <tz at iana.org>

  | I was like who could think it was anything but a joke?

Exactly.

  | Then I realised politicians might just be dumb enough to try and write that
  | into a law.

Some might be dumb enough, or deceitful enough, to propose such
nonsense, but there's no chance that that kind of thing would survive
any kind of review (even just by the bureaucrats who would need to
actually implement it).

When you see something like that claiming to have been implemented,
you know (or should, unless you're a moron) that the whole thing is
a joke, whether you understand the April fools' concept or not.

kre