[tz] Add option to act like global-tz

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 27 01:19:27 UTC 2022

I wangled a bit of free time and wrote the attached proposed patch,
which adds an option that causes 'make install' to generate time zone
data (TZif files) that are byte-for-byte identical to what Stephen
Colebourne's global-tz currently generates. This is done via a few lines
of awk script. The idea is to give an option to distros that prefer a
separate Zone per ISO 3166 country, just as we already have build-time
options for rearguard/vanguard form, TZif truncation, leap seconds, etc.

I haven't installed this in the development database. Comments welcome
as usual.