[tz] Please Don't Feed the Trolls (was Kyiv not Kiev)

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 12:54:02 UTC 2022

On 29/06/2022 10:49, Petro Ord wrote:
>> Time zones are added/updated for pragmatic reasons to reflect the
>> history of actual wall clock time in a particular region, not for
>> idealogical reasons.  See these comments in the "europe" file for
>> Europe/Simferopol:
>
> Exactly, the time zone was updated in accordance to russian news about
> the territory that does not belong to them (all the news links are
> russian).
> The fact that Ukraine did not change or agreed to change the time on
> that territory was not considered.
>
> # Simferopol and Sevastopol reportedly changed their central town clocks
> this is form russian news

As far as I can tell, there have been no reports that the wrong time was
shown for Europe/Simferopol during winter time (when its local time
differs from Europe/Kyiv).

--
-=( Ian Abbott <abbotti at mev.co.uk> || MEV Ltd. is a company  )=-
-=( registered in England & Wales.  Regd. number: 02862268.  )=-