[tz] Please Don't Feed the Trolls (was Kyiv not Kiev)

Petro Ord petro.ordyn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:27:25 UTC 2022

> As far as I can tell, there have been no reports that the wrong time was
> shown for Europe/Simferopol during winter time (when its local time
> differs from Europe/Kyiv).

Valid point - I'll make one during winter time in order to be more
specific on the problem issued.

# From Alexander Krivenyshev (2014-03-17):
# time change at 2:00 (2am) on March 30, 2014
# https://vz.ru/news/2014/3/17/677464.html
# From Paul Eggert (2014-03-30):
# Simferopol and Sevastopol reportedly changed their central town clocks

I do not see this request complaining that the time was incorrect. The
request implies that russia decided to change the time on the
territory that does not belong to russia.
I thought that tz update decisions should not be done upon political
and/or ideological reasons, but, apparently, it does not apply to
russian requests.