[tz] Please Don't Feed the Trolls (was Kyiv not Kiev)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Jun 30 17:26:03 UTC 2022

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> I just experimented, and apparently, MacOS no longer accepts Kiev,
> only Kyiv.  Score one for the petitioners. :)

If this means that macOS accepts "Europe/Kyiv" as a tz-style time zone, but does not support "Europe/Kiev", then this would be a very unusual sort of breaking change, since no tz database version beyond 2022a has been released yet.

If this is about UI strings, then it is not related to the tz database or the pending change.

--
Doug Ewell, CC, ALB | Lakewood, CO, US | ewellic.org