[tz] Summer time

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Thu Mar 10 15:12:02 UTC 2022

heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps via tz said:
> We would like to inform you that the summer time will begin in Palestine from Su
> nday 03-27-2022  ,00:00 AM  by 60 minutes forward.

Thank you for this.

Could I please confirm that I've understood this correctly:

2022-03-26 23:59:59 Palestinian time (2022-03-26 21:59:59 UTC)
will be followed by 2022-03-27 01:00 Palestinian Summer Time

You need to be aware that, even if the co-ordinators are able to update the
primary database in the next couple of days, it can take weeks or months for
all devices to pick up the changes. Therefore we recommend that authorities
such as yourselves give us at least a year's notice of changes.

This is discussed further on this web page:

https://codeofmatt.com/on-the-timing-of-time-zone-changes/

Yours,

Clive Feather

(Please note that I have no authority within the IANA database; I am merely
a contributor.)

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.