[tz] Permanent DST in the United States

Jacob Pratt jacob at jhpratt.dev
Tue Mar 15 20:05:12 UTC 2022

Good point with regard to the abbreviation. I know some RFCs explicitly
assume "PST" is UTC-8. These RFCs, though deprecated, are still required to
be followed in new code (I did this not too long ago).

With regard to the delayed implementation, it sounds like there was an
amendment included. The Congressional website doesn't yet reflect this, but
in my experience it takes a day or two for the website to be updated
(including for the vote itself).

Amendment reference:
https://news.yahoo.com/senate-unexpectedly-approves-legislation-abolish-190710035.html

Rubio said, however, that an amendment to the bill would delay its
> implementation until November 2023 in order to give the airline and travel
> industries, which operate on strict timetables, sufficient leeway to
> prepare for the change.

Jacob Pratt