[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 17 00:13:03 UTC 2022

On 3/16/22 16:18, Victor Perov wrote:
> Two years ago, when I wrote this email I was hoping to get a meaningful
> answer why a very simple PR got rejected. Instead, I got a bunch of emails
> complaining about "babysitting pull requests".

Apologies if you felt that comment was directed at you. It was intended
to be directed at GitHub, which forces a particular development model
that is not appropriate for some projects (tzdb being one of them).

> Doing the same "sanity" search today as you @eggert did 2y ago, I can see
> 98M for Kyiv and 97M for Kiev (google.com, UK). Is it enough now?

That's getting closer, yes. When the time-change uproar dies down
(Palestine, maybe Iran?) it may be a good time to revisit this.