[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Matt Johnson-Pint mattjohnsonpint at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:48:27 UTC 2022

I wholeheartedly agree.  It's time we switch the Zone entry to
Europe/Kyiv.  We can have Europe/Kiev be a Link in the backward file.

Paul - PLEASE make this change now.  From your own commentary in the europe
file:

> Admittedly English-language spelling of Ukrainian names is controversial,
and some day "Kyiv" may become substantially more popular in English; in
the meantime, stick with the traditional English "Kiev" as that means less
disruption for our users.

We have reached that day.  Kyiv is substantially more popular in English,
and continuing to use Kiev is now MORE disruptive, as it makes many of
our users appear to be friendly to Russian aggression, and makes us
continue to have this debate.

-Matt