[tz] Announcing global-tz - 2022ag (beta)

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon Mar 21 09:31:53 UTC 2022

    Date:        Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:57:34 +0800
    From:        Philip Paeps via tz <tz at iana.org>

  | Considering the existence of this fork and the fact that the
  | overwhelming majority of users are not affected by the merging of
  | pre-1970 time zones, my plan is to merge the tzdata 2022a release into
  | supported FreeBSD releases unmodified.

For NetBSD I did just the opposite.   I had been manually doing
these changes (or some of them) since 2021c, I ignored 2021b, and
much appreciate the effort that made the 2022a update much easier.
I had started the processof merging the 2022a changes into our
sources, when I saw the global-tz announcement, so I just ceased
that and waited.

I have yet to automate the update process to the extent we have
for the releases via the iana web site, but I will.

NetBSD current is at 2022agtz now, and the stable releases will
be when it has had some settling time.

kre