[tz] Change Request: Europe/Kiev to Europe/Kyiv

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Mar 18 23:01:37 UTC 2022

Sorry ..

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20220317213743.oWVJv%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |Matt Johnson-Pint wrote in
 | <CAKxAwDom9DMFYYTHV-R43GY0sf-C_0z=JpnhSv07J4523mkG3g at mail.gmail.com>:
 |I really wish anyone would talk about the ~1.3 million death
 |human beings in Irak, Afghanistan and Pakistan, as well as the
 |millions of people starving in Yemen due to western supported
 |warfare.  ~1.3 Million, and Germany was involved!  By Jove!!!

Ever since yesterday my stomach screams one of the receivers is
thinking the numbers are way too high, therefore this.  Two
things, first of all, why don't you ask then.  And second, this is
a fall-out of the problems in the western world, all the
institutions including UNO and even the noble price are misused
for political reasons for no good, thousands of little screw
drivers turn the truth a little bit so it fits their bill more.
Heck, our society more and more rests on the hollow ground of lies
and misinformation!

These numbers are from a meta study from the IIPNW Germany / PSR
/ PGS divisions of the IPPNW (International Physicians for the
Prevention of Nuclear War), it is called "Body Count", they
collect studies taken in the ten years after the start of the
(so-called) war against terror.  The covered studies include
Lancet (John Hopkins University) and IFHS of WHO, and several
others.  The range spans widely, but, in fact, even the WHO study
gives a much lower number than for example Lancet, but that number
only seems to cover a small portion of the overall number of deads
that the WHO study agrees with: if you do look at the _overall_
number of deaths, then you see a factor two increasement of the
number of deaths ever since March 2003, almost as much as Lancet,
which gave factor 2.4.  If you look at this overall count, you end
up with the numbers i gave.

Of course, if i would be a jiddish comedian from New York i would
possibly say that the very, very large difference in deaths has to
be attributed to a misinformation of the Iraqi people, they
thought they have to eat at McDonalds now that the Americans are
coming, and preferred leaving to a different world.

(These numbers do not include missing persons, the meta study
refers to the ICMP (International Commission on Missing Persons),
which estimated the number of missing persons in Iraq to be in the
range of 250.000 and 1.000.000 people.
And they also do not include illnesses and misforcaused by
poisining due to weapons, for example ammunition with radioactive
materials.)

 |Thank you.
 |(On topic i have nothing to say, i do not oppose the name of
 |course, especially if there will remain a link.)

In Germany Kiew really is dominant as far as i see, Kyiw sounds
like "kiff" (smoking joints, "i" is spoken like english "e".),
i do not know whether that will make it.  But, IANA TZ DB names
are not for end users anyway :)

Have a nice weekend, if you can.
Ciao and greetings from Germany,

--steffen