[tz] Change some timezone names

Guy Harris gharris at sonic.net
Thu May 26 01:09:00 UTC 2022

On May 25, 2022, at 10:27 AM, Paul Eggert via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:

> TZDB often uses common (albeit "wrong") English spellings (e.g., "Sofia" not "Sofiya", "Prague" not "Praha") so these other Ukrainian locations are in good company.

I.e., "not spelled using a standard transliteration to English from the primary language of the country, or region of the country, that the city is in" doesn't mean "wrong"; other examples are "Moscow" not "Moskva" and "Rome" not "Roma".

Is there a significant movement to, for example, spell the Czech capital's name in English as "Praha"?