[tz] United States Senate reintroduced Sunshine Protection Act, enabling Permanent DST

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Mon Nov 7 20:37:40 UTC 2022

Paul Gilmartin wrote in
 <ea855aca-44f4-b894-cff5-da94f6a76a55 at AIM.com>:
 |On 11/7/22 11:50:46, Tom Lane via tz wrote:
 |> John Marvin via tz <tz at iana.org> writes:
 |>> So supposedly a majority of people don't want to change back and forth
 |>> every year, but there is a split where one group wants to stick with DST
 |>> year round and the other group wants to stick with Standard Time year
 |>> round.
 |>
 |> ... and neither group is old enough to remember the last time
 |> we abolished DST.
 |
 |What advantage does "permanent DST" offer a region over simply moving to

But no, it is all psychological, man!  Imagine -- last week or so
i even saw a scientific study abstract fly by which wanted to
convey the impression that there is a difference in between real
sunlight and the good bulb, neon or LED lights?  1200 Lux i think
German workers have to have, isn't that sufficient???  (I have not
read it, it was that aggressive modern times teaser that was
saying this.  Mind you -- i am out _whenever_ i can.)  Having said
that, US has DST permanently for over 120 years, has it, and it
was no good for climate nor environment, no matter how many
fingers they point somewhere else.  If it is all psychological.

--steffen