[tz] United States Senate reintroduced Sunshine Protection Act, enabling Permanent DST

Paul Gilmartin PaulGBoulder at AIM.com
Mon Nov 14 02:57:45 UTC 2022

On 11/13/22 18:44:38, Sanjeev Gupta via tz wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 07:30, Randal L. Schwartz via tz <tz at iana.org <mailto:tz at iana.org>> wrote:
>
>     More directly, what advantage does "permanent DST" offer over simply
>     getting up an hour earlier, getting off work an hour earlier, and
>     enjoying more time in the evenings?  You don't need the clocks to change
>     for that.
>

> Because I want my neighbours to also enjoy "more time in the evenings".  It is for their own good, they will thank me for it later.

It doesn't work.  There's scriptural evidence, Matthew 20:1-16 KJV, that in the
past four centuries clocks have been advanced six hours.  People accommodated,
not by getting up six hours astronomical time earlier, but by getting up
six hours clock time later.

--
gil