[tz] 1981/2 Singapore+Malaysia switch from GMT+0730 to GMT+0800

Michael H Deckers michael.h.deckers at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:25:19 UTC 2022

    On 2022-11-23 21:45, Paul Eggert via tz wrote:

>  Sure, can you please send something to that effect in 'git
> format-patch' format? It'd be a patch to 'backzone'. Thanks.

     I do not understand your policy here: apparently, you seem to
     avoid obvious corrections before 1970 to timezones when they
     belong to backzone. Are not the data for these timezones used
     by zic with the PACKRATLIST option? Why should the resulting files
     with this option not reflect our best knowledge about civil
     time at the location of the timezone?

     Michael Deckers.