[tz] 1981/2 Singapore+Malaysia switch from GMT+0730 to GMT+0800

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 24 21:46:29 UTC 2022

On 2022-11-24 03:25, Michael H Deckers via tz wrote:
>      you seem to
>      avoid obvious corrections before 1970 to timezones when they
>      belong to backzone.

If volunteers step up to maintain backzone by submitting
trivially-mergable patches so that I don't have to check or worry about
backzone's contents, that's OK. If not, then that's OK too, as backzone
is out of the normal scope for tzdb proper and is low priority for this
project.

My own suggestion would be to not worry about 'backzone' as maintaining
it is not worth the effort. But if you'd rather spend that effort,
that's fine; please feel free to send a properly-formatted patch.