[tz] America/Nuuk changes from UTC-2 to UTC-2

Jonas Nyrup jnyrup at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 13:16:03 UTC 2022

> Somehow I missed your email at first

No apologies, I sent the email before my membership to the mailing list was
confirmed, that's why.

> Naalakkersuisut can decide DST rules as well as time zone rules for some
areas

I noticed this somewhat vague phrasing as well and tried to dig into this.
The now superseded law
https://lovgivning.gl/lov?rid={B25918C7-F814-408D-966A-F78B793963B4} is
simlarly vague in this area, but the related act
https://lovgivning.gl/Lov?rid={A08E0D7A-4FE3-4D79-9641-EB4C04BD4946} quite
clearly specifies the rules about UTC offsets and DST (or lack hereof) for
all four Greenlandic time zones.

> So for now I think it's better to back out the change to Ittoqqortoormiit
that I guessed three days ago.

I agree that the combination of the two installed patches is the best guess
we can make.

I've sent an email to Sermitsiaq.AG, the Greenlandic newspaper who wrote
the articles, and asked if they can help clearing up what this means
for Ittoqqortoormiit, e.g. if Ittoqqortoormiit will continue using DST
despite Nuuk abolishing it.

/Jonas Nyrup