[tz] [PROPOSED 2/5] Pacify gcc -std=c89 -pedantic with new attributes

Tue Nov 29 20:21:47 UTC 2022

On 2022-11-28 12:47, Paul Eggert via tz wrote:
> On 2022-11-28 05:40, Philip Newton wrote:
>> "have has" is a bit ugly....
>
> Yes, I originally used the name "HAVE___HAS_C_ATTRIBUTE", since it tests whether
> __has_c_attribute exists and that's the naming convention, but I changed it to
> HAVE_HAS_C_ATTRIBUTE as I worried that the three adjacent underscores would be
> confusing. If people prefer HAVE___HAS_C_ATTRIBUTE we can easily change to that.
> The longer name would be more consistent.

"4.2.8 __has_c_attribute
The special operator __has_c_attribute (operand) may be used in ‘#if’ and
‘#elif’ expressions in C code to test whether the attribute referenced by its
operand is recognized by GCC in attributes using the ‘[[]]’ syntax."

How about HAVE_C23_ATTRIBUTE_CHECK, HAVE_C2X_ATTRIBUTE_CHECK, or something
similarly more meaningful and less confusing?

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis			Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte			Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter	not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer	but when there is no more to cut
			-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry