[tz] New change in Mexico

Heitor David Pinto hdave at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 00:49:11 UTC 2022

 The municipalities have well-defined boundaries, see this map: https://cuentame.inegi.org.mx/mapas/pdf/entidades/div_municipal/chihmpios.pdf
As I mentioned earlier, the time change in Chihuahua is causing confusion due to the way that the decree was written. Literally, the decree puts Ojinaga in UTC-6 and Juárez in UTC-7 during the DST period, rather than outside that period as intended. A senator warned about the mistake in the text, but the legislature rushed to pass it without a correction. The senator then asked the president to return it for a correction, but it was published as originally written. Now the senator is introducing a bill to make the correction, while other legislators exchange accusations. In Juárez, the authorities plan to change the time on November 30 anyway.https://nortedigital.mx/diputados-se-equivocan-juarez-quedaria-desfasada-de-ep-permanentemente-madero/https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/local/juarez/gustavo-madero-pide-que-no-haya-cambio-de-horario-en-ciudad-juarez-9258114.html
https://www.radioformula.com.mx/economia/2022/11/29/nadie-sabe-la-hora-en-chihuahua-nuevo-horario-estacional-genera-caos-confusion-741649.html
https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/local/juarez/no-hay-marcha-atras-el-cambio-de-horario-para-juarez-sigue-adelante-9259620.html
https://chihuahua.gob.mx/prensa/anuncia-fideicomiso-de-puentes-fronterizos-de-chihuahua-adecuacion-del-horario-de

Regards,Dave