[tz] Wrong timezone Information provided

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Oct 6 20:07:50 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-06 13:01, Brooks Harris via tz wrote:
> Windows derives its time zones from tzdb, mapped through Unicode Common
> Locale Data Repository (CLDR):
>
> GitHub windowsZones.xml
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/unicode-org/cldr/master/common/supplemental/windowsZones.xml
>

> I believe this file is curated by Microsoft.

Yes, as I understand it Microsoft Windows 8.1 and later has data derived
from tzdb in its Windows Runtime / Universal Windows Platform classes.
There's also Windows Subsystem for Linux, which is shipped by Microsoft
and is a virtualized Ubuntu with its own copy of tzdb, though I doubt
whether WSL is relevant here.