[tz] Wrong day light savings (DST) in Syria

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Fri Oct 28 19:43:20 UTC 2022

Apple distributes updates to the TZ database over the air. An update was released for this change on October 18. If your time zone is set to Damascus, or you have Damascus in World Clock, you should have gotten an alert.

If not, you can see if a TZ database update is waiting by going to Settings> General> Date & Time. If so, rebooting will activate the update.

My iPhone and Mac currently show the time in Damascus as UTC+3.

Debbie Goldsmith