[tz] [tz-announce] 2022f release of tz code and data available

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 29 06:31:19 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-28 21:19, Đoàn Trần Công Danh wrote:
> Bisecting shows that fdd27053, (Fix zdump undefined behavior if !USE_LTZ, 2022-10-26)
> is the first bad commit, reverting fdd27053 indeeds fix the problem for me.

Thanks for the bug report. It's a portability bug in zdump's tzalloc
emulation, on platforms where tzcode thinks the system lacks tm_zone.

I see two problems here. First, tzcode wrongly thinks musl lacks
tm_zone, and this hurts performance; second and more seriously (because
it hurts correctness), on platforms lacking tm_zone zdump's tzalloc
emulation returns a null pointer where it should return nonnull.

Please try either or both of the first two of the attached patches,
which I have installed into the development repository. (The third patch
just fixes commentary.)

Or you can build 2022f with no patches, by compiling with 'make
CFLAGS="-DTM_ZONE=tm_zone -DTM_GMTOFF=tm_gmtoff"'. (On old-fashioned
runtimes that lack tm_zone you should be able to work around the problem
by compiling with 'make CFLAGS="-DHAVE_SETENV=0"', but this shouldn't be
needed with musl unless your musl is pretty old.)