[tz] Grouped country lists are confusing

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 30 05:03:12 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-29 21:58, Tom Lane wrote:
> But ... but ... but ... you already made that value judgment in
> your choice of the zone data.

I wouldn't call it a value judgment, unless by "value judgment" one
means "we partition the world back to 1970 and then we stop."

But regardless of what kind of judgment one calls it, there's no
advantage, and some real disadvantage, to making a big deal about this
in the comments, where non-experts plausibly would misinterpret what's
going on and take offense where none is intended.