[tz] zic.c - compilation broken on gcc 4.8.3 after commit e5b2ee634c7151484c06740ea2c8a4d4a75409b6

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Oct 31 19:43:00 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-31 01:49, Иванов Игорь wrote:
> Since even Centos 7 nowadays uses glibc-2.17, I doubt that one should tinker
> with tz code to account for this case - but it might be worthy mentioning this
> somewhere in readme. Or not.

Another possibility is to not worry about the CLOCK_REALTIME stuff since
it merely improves a terrible fallback to be a merely-bad fallback.
Doing so avoids the configuration hassle entirely, which is a win. I
installed the attached patch to do that.

This suggests that we should do something similar with the other
recently-introduced configuration hassles, if there's a reasonable way
to do so.