[tz] Daylight Savings Time in Fiji Islands

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 28 20:33:33 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-28 11:05, Almaz Mingaleev wrote:
> In the patch you've cancelled DST altogether, diverging from what Fiji's
> government announced (pausing transition for another year).
> It might break some java and ICU API's. Can't tell how serious it might be,
> just drawing attention to that. Someone might have a stronger opinion.

Yes, it's just a guess. Last year, when Fiji canceled DST we guessed
they would resume it this year. Obviously we guessed wrong.

This year, when Fiji canceled DST because of school exams (!), we're
guessing they'll cancel it again next year (surely schools will have
exams next year, right?). Quite possibly we will be wrong this time too
- with Fiji's government one never knows.