[tz] winter & Summer time in the State Of Palestine

heba.hamad@mtit.gov.ps heba.hamad at mtit.gov.ps
Mon Sep 5 04:48:04 UTC 2022

 the text is correct and matches with the cabinet decision  that is attached previously ,so kindly ignore the illustration
 we will correct the illustration in the announcement and send the link again but to keep time  we  confirm that the text is correct
we hope the TZ release will be issued as soon as possible
في الأحد, سبتمبر 04, 2022 17:53 EDT, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> كتب:
 On 9/4/22 06:00, Michael H Deckers wrote:
> The illustration on that page  makes it clear that the
>    Arabic text is probably meant to say
>        winter time starts with the value 2 am on Saturday 2022-10-29
>    rather than
>        the switch to winter time occurs when summer time would
>        have assumed the value 2 am on Saturday 2022-10-29
>    as it was wrongly interpreted in the proposed changes
>    to Rule Palestine.

Ouch. My guess is just the opposite. That is, my guess is that the
illustration[1] (attached) in [2] is wrong, and I guess that the text is
correct. That is, I think the illustration should show the clock moving
backward from 2am to 1am, not from 3am to 2am.

Heba Hamad, can you please confirm which is correct here? The
illustration or the text? The text matches the document you already sent
us. Thanks.

[1]:
https://mtit.pna.ps/Content/imgs/news/-8585393378987544401IMG-20220903-WA0002.jpg

[2]: https://mtit.pna.ps/Site/New/1453