[tz] Ecuador time zone list

David mailing at pov.es
Mon Sep 19 10:21:37 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am new to the list. I submitted a bug through Canonical regarding the
time zone for Ecuador and they told me that it would need to be reported
upstream in this list.

I am sure if must have been reported before, but I would like to
confirm. Ecuador has currently two time zones, one for the mainland, and
another for the Galapagos Islands.

The city that is listed for the mainland is Guayaquil, with no mention
of the capital Quito. Guayaquil is the second most populous city in
Ecuador, but why it is the only city listed is odd.

It is akin to choosing Marseilles as the only city for France instead of
Paris.

Is there any chance of having Quito added?