[tz] Ecuador time zone list

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Sep 19 18:10:12 UTC 2022

On 9/19/22 07:21, Steffen Nurpmeso via tz wrote:
> I strongly recommend to document that option as well as making
> !zone1970 the default,_or_  being more verbose and show both
> saying something along the lines "shares timezone information
> with" or what.

Currently by default, a tzselect user who chooses Vietnam is given two
choices, and can pick either zone appropriate for Vietnam since 1970.
Unfortunately tzselect will have glitches if an installer uses
non-default installation options such as PACKRATDATA but fixing that
would take more work than I expect any of us can spare.

I haven't documented tzselect's -t option, since it can be glitchy. But
if it's documented as being glitchy/experimental/whatever I suppose that
would be OK. Any such documentation should be in both the man page and
the --help output.

I suspect that the complexity of making tzselect be more verbose (to let
users choose -t interactively?) would cost users more than it would
benefit; after all, tzselect is already pretty complicated (which is my
fault of course). But perhaps I'm wrong and someone could implement
something nicely.