[tz] Did Greenland abolish daylight saving from 2024 on?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 1 22:26:45 UTC 2023

On 2023-04-01 00:15, Jacob Pratt wrote:
> There was an email to this list on March 15 from the Prime Minister's
> office. It was quite clear, and even included a table demonstrating DST
> resuming next year.

Oh, thanks, I'd quite forgotten about that March 15 letter. It seems
definitive.

> While I saw the numerous articles as well, the only conclusion I could
> reach is that every single one was (amazingly) wrong.

Yes, and none gave sources.

I've written two of the authors of the wrong articles, namely,
Bloomberg's Lebawit Lily Girma yesterday and IFLScience's Dr Alfredo
Carpineti three days ago. I have seen no replies yet. Just now I wrote
to the AP and to NPR, which are the biggest news organizations on my
list. I hope they issue corrections.