[tz] Mexico timezones

Var Nazari varaga.nazari at vevo.com
Fri Apr 7 20:02:05 UTC 2023

Hello,

Mexico has recently abolished daylight savings except for where they border
with the United States. I believe the timezone database is now inaccurate
because it should not be showing CDT for most of the country any longer and
should be CST instead. It seems like this was addressed in release notes
for the tzdb version 2022f and 2022g but I'm not sure that the correct
changes were applied. Could you verify/explain why the timezones in Mexico
are still recorded as CDT? Is this a mistake?

Thank you